To apply this the wood surface must be clean, dry and frost-free (maximum 18% wood moisture). Osmo Wood Wax Finish Clear Extra Thin is ready to use, do not thin. Stir well before use. Clean or slightly sand old microporous finishes and remove old varnish (with Osmo Paint Remover or sanding). Make sure to always wear a dust mask when sanding. Small cracks, larger dents, and small holes can be filled in with Osmo Woodfiller. Sand carefully before application, starting with course paper and finishing with P120 – P150 for flooring and P180 – P240 for furniture. Remove dust etc. thoroughly from the surface with a brush or vaccuum cleaner before application. We always suggest a sample trial before finishing your entire surface.
To apply the finish you can brush, wipe, dip or spray (in closed chambers). Apply evenly along the wood grain with a brush or cloth.
First Coat: Apply thinly.
- Using the Osmo Microfiber Floor Roller / Osmo Floor Brush (for larger areas) or an Osmo Natural Bristle Brush (for smaller areas), work product thinly and evenly into wood in the direction of the wood grain. Brush out any lap marks or stop marks in the direction of the grain
- Allow to dry for 30 mins - ensure the space is well ventilated
- After 30 minutes a second coat can be applied as above
- Remove access oil from the surface using a cloth
- Clean brushes with Osmo Brush Cleaner and Thinner (benzene-free) or Turpentine
- Allow 12 hours drying time under normal climatic conditions for Osmo Wood Wax Finish Clear Extra Thin to fully cure
Second Coat: Apply thinly.
- Leave to dry for approximately 30 minutes. Remove all surplus. If you are finishing cupboards, wardrobes and drawers only one thin coat is necessary and should be applied with a cloth.
WARNING: Cloths saturated with product are a spontaneous combustion hazard and should be left out unfolded until dried, prior to disposal or preferably stored in a proper fireproof container
Tip: For a high-sheen effect and extra durability you can apply one coat of Wood Wax Finish Clear Extra Thin as a base coat, and use Polyx-Oil for the second coat.
Cure Period: Osmo Hardwax-Oil(s) like all floor finishes have a cure period. We recommend allowing 2 weeks for the surface to fully cure and harden prior to damp-mopping or placing rugs/mats on the surface.