Baltic Birch Plywood
The Benefits of Baltic Birch Plywood Over Standard Plywood
Baltic Birch plywood is some of the best you can buy. Here are some of the biggest benefits to choosing baltic birch when shopping for plywood:
- Improved stiffness, stability, and strength
- Void-free core allows for a decorative exposed edge that can also be used for edge banding
- Exceptional screw-holding capabilities
- Thicker face veneer
What To Expect From Our Baltic Birch Plywood Supply
When it comes to our Baltic Birch Plywood for sale, you can expect the face, back, and core to be entirely constructed from Birch. The plywood is made up of an odd number of layers, each of which is about 1 mm thick. These layers are cross-banded, meaning the grain of one layer runs perpendicular to the grain of the next. Due to the nature of its construction, Baltic Birch is an incredibly durable product - it’s strong, stable, tough, and heavy. That makes it ideal for a number of woodworking projects.
Our high-quality Baltic Birch Plywood is available in the standard European 5’ x 5’ sizing or alternatively offered in 4’ x 8’ with exterior glue between the layers.
3mm - 3 plies
6mm - 5 plies
9mm - 7 plies
12mm - 9 plies
18mm - 13 plies
Baltic Birch Plywood Grades
- B/BB - Intended for a natural finish as one face contains no patches. A few small pin knots and brown streaks permitted. Usually only offered in 3mm and 6mm for laser/CNC work
- BB/BB - The most common grade that allows patches on both sides but colour matched to the background. A few sound-tight knots and pin holes are also permitted
- CP - Very close to BB/BB, but thin splits are allowed, and the patches may be a contrasting colour to the sheet.